Hall was built in the 1740s and is in a parkland setting on the outskirts
of Cusworth village in Doncaster, South Yorkshire. The Hall is now the
Museum of South Yorkshire Life and its collections depict life in the
locality over the last 200 years. The Hall provides a beautiful backdrop
to the lakeland landscape of the country park.
hall is one of only four listed Grade 1 buildings in the district.
by George Platt, a local builder and architect, for William Wrightson
between 1740-45, it was refaced and extended by James Paine in 1749-53.
The Hall and Park have been managed by the local authority since 1961.
The grounds are open to the public.
of the Hall is Shrubbery Walk - a band of ornamental trees including the
Strawberry tree, Redwood and Ginkgo. Native trees to be found include
Elder, Hazel, Yew and Holly.